Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Zoe



Zoe is our eldest rottweiler, turning 10 in September. She is the sweetest, kindest, most loyal dog I have ever met. Steve has had her since she was a puppy - back in the frat house in Iowa. I have known Zoe since she was 3 - and fell in love with her the moment we met! I think it's safe to say that everyone who gets to know Zoe - loves her too! She's been slowing down over the years and more recently has stopped using her right front leg. She doesn't complain of being in pain - but the right front leg has grown more useless in the past month. Last week we took Zoe into the vet - and we got the news that she has a tumor in her front leg - and has less than a month left with us. The day Zoe leaves us will be a VERY sad day for Steve and I - but I do know that she has lived a very happy life - and has brought many joys to the people around her. She is so kind to Mason - and I only wish Alyssa could meet this amazing dog. Losing her will be like losing a family member - and I know I will always miss her. 

3 comments:

Anne said...

So sorry to hear about Zoe!! I understand how difficult it is to lose a "family member". Enjoy the time you have left with her.

Angela said...

Oh no!!! I was definitely scared of Zoe at first since she is so big but after that it was love from there on out! Enjoy all the time that you can with her....gonna miss her like crazy!

Mrs. Kearns said...

I can remember Zoe resting her huge head so gently on my belly when I was pregnant with Jacob. She has always had an old soul.